Saturday, September 1, 2012

Relax..... well maybe a little

Friday, August 31, 2012
Zack had a rough day today. He was very nauseous all day and we realized he didn't have enough of his medicine to take every 12 hours like he should have. I was able to pick up some of the Kytril at the pharmacy located at the lower floor of the clinic, while Mom was at her Doctors appointment.  It worked out perfectly. Though Zack was sick most of the day, he was able to get out for a little while this morning and later in the afternoon to drop off and later pick up his carburetor. Another amazing gift. Drake's Dad Bill and Drake's Grandpa would not let us pay for the rebuild, No matter how hard Zack tried, he said they wouldn't hear of it! So many people are spoiling us with their Gifts, Love, Support and Prayers.

We know Zack is not feeling well when he didn't immediately go and put the part on the car. He came home and went back to bed. Though this week is a lot better than that of last month, we are reminded of exactly what he is going through. I notice that his skin is ashy, a telltale that his hemoglobin is off. Zack gets mad when I point out his skin color, "today you're color is soo good", or "you're color is off a bit." So I told him I wouldn't point that out any more. I have a little list in my head of things that irritate him and try my best not to say or do those specific things. I do, however, tell him that We are learning all of this with him and are trying to respect what he feels, though we may not be always be on target. We can be an emotional bunch these days.(I know understatement.)

It felt so good to call all the medical offices with Zack's Medicaid number. We received it for the past two months and then the Inclusive Healthcare kicks in with a deductible and copay. When this first happened we thought we would have to come up with all of the money, so this is a huge blessing. (.repeating myself, I'm sure). After Medicaid pays "their" portion,.we just have to wait to see what our balance is. We anticipate around 20,000 - 30,000 between the deductibles and co pays. At least we found some help and Lord knows we have all paid into the "system", so guilt is not in my vocabulary.

Grandpa John has been moved in to the Elizabeth House. He is comfortable and being well taken care of so that makes it a lot easier on us not worrying about his care, and gives his wife and Billy a chance to catch their breath. We do have a lot going on in our lives and trying to fit everything in, isn't always easy. One thing I know for sure, it was so awesome to have the day with Mom and later dinner with Rhonda when she joined us.  A little bit of normal in midst of all the chaos is a great thing! We went to a couple of thrift stores, then her appointment. Her doctor determined that she is tired and dizzy because her blood pressure medicine is making her pressure too low, so he lowered her meds and we go back in a month to recheck her. After the doctors appointment, a visit to Steinmart and then dinner.

Saturday, September 1, 2012
I wake up this morning with a smile on my face. Of course a little bit of retail therapy never hurts, but spending the day with Mom, just being our regular selves and just plain catching up. It's very hard for her to hear on the phone, so we don't talk that way very often. It's kind of scary what she comes up with from some of our conversations. I can't imagine what it's like not to hear, she even handle that with grace. Mom just smiles and has the sweetest look on her face. I know immediately when she can't hear. Even on the phone, she becomes quiet. I am so lucky to still have her in my life. I'm not sure I could have handled this as well without her in my life.

Zack is feeling much better today. He is still pretty tired and says that everything tastes like medicine. No matter what he drinks or eats he says he says it tastes horrible. I was able to get his first dose of medicine which is now covered by his new insurance. It felt so good to go in and afford to pick it up for a change. Yesterday's one dose was $20.00, and now with the copay that will cover 60 pills. He still has to take the shots twice a day for blot clots, though his arm is back to "normal". We are going to ask if he still has to continue with them since he seems to be better. We trust the doctors with his care, but it never hurts to ask.

Frank has been working around the house to get things caught up (outside). I started working on the inside (with time off from work until Wednesday I can play catch up as well, of course the next treatment starts Tuesday). I am finding out though, that I am far more tired than I "thought" I was. I managed to hang up lights in the bathroom that I found at Habitat Thrift Store, did the dishes and that's it. I had to lay down and take a long nap. The nice thing about that was Zack and I had a chance to watch a movie together and just chill.

Our plan is to chill the rest of the night after dinner (Frank and I managed to actually cook). Tomorrow is bookkeeping, clean rest of house, laundry and see Big John in Hendersonville. I'm hoping that Zack will feel better tomorrow, we already see a bit of a change in him tonight. He was able to eat dinner and seemed to enjoy it. He would like to go and work on his car more tomorrow and get it to the house, let's hope he will feel well enough to do so. Of course he still has school work to complete and then Tuesday will get his new list from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment